Marriage abroad

Extent: Jersey
March 1999
Updated 16 May 2019


Most couples wanting to marry abroad can get all the information they need through travel companies who offer all inclusive packages.

Couples may be asked to provide proof of their single status before they can undergo the marriage ceremony in some jurisdictions. The document is known as a Single Status Statutory Declaration and needs to be sworn and witnessed before a Notary Public.

A list of Jersey Notaries can be found at 4.2.2.L1.