Child Support Agency (UK)

Extent: Jersey
October 1997
Updated 22 November 2018



The Child Support Agency has no jurisdiction in Jersey. Clients receiving papers from the CSA should return them together with a letter explaining that they are now resident in Jersey so are outside the CSA jurisdiction.

Clients who were living in the UK and have been paying to the CSA, but now live in Jersey should also contact the CSA as soon as possible, notifying them of their change in residence.

As they are outside the UK's jurisdiction, mothers living in Jersey will find that the CSA are unable to act on their behalf to obtain maintenance from fathers living in the UK.