Pension Plus Scheme
Updated: December 2018
Words you may need to know
Assets – belongings
Eligible - to qualify for or satisfy the rules to get something
Residence - place where you live as your home
What is the Jersey Health Assist 65+ Plan?
The scheme commenced on 1 September 2001. It provides financial help to meet the costs of dental (teeth), optical (eyes) and chiropody (feet) services for the over 65s. The scheme is paid for by the States of Jersey and run by Customer and Local Services and a company called Westfield Health.
Details are on the Customer and Local Services website of :
- the sort of help available
- the amount of financial help available
- what you need to do to make a claim
In order to be eligible applicants must :
- be over 65 years old
- have been resident in Jersey for five years during their life
- not have assets which are worth more than £20,000 in the case of a single person and £30,000 for a couple. Note: This figure does not include the home or main residence.
- their income must be below the tax threshold (ie they do not pay any income tax)
If applicants meet the above conditions they may qualify for this scheme.
How to apply
An application form needs to be completed and returned to Customer and Local Services. The form is available from the Department or from the Department’s website.
Completed forms should be returned to: Customer and Local Services, PO Box 55, Philip Le Feuvre House, La Motte Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8PE.
The information in the application will be checked by the Department to make sure it is accurate and then it will be sent to Westfield who run the scheme.
Westfield will confirm an applicant’s membership of the Health Assist Scheme by sending the applicant a welcome letter which will explain how the scheme works and how to make a claim.
Before they can make a claim applicants must have received their letter of confirmation from Westfield that they have been accepted onto the scheme
Westfield normally aims to settle a claim within 2 - 5 working days.
Westfield’s address is:
Westfield Health Scheme, Westfield House, 87 Division Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Tel: 01534 738111
Additional booklets about the scheme should be available from the following locations:
- Citizens Advice Jersey
- most Dentists and Opticians
- Communicare Centre at St Brelade
- Customer and Local Services